Today, I’m excited to introduce CheckIn – the newest member of the LinkedIn Talent Solutions product family that we unveiled at Talent Connect Australia 2013. CheckIn is a mobile app that radically simplifies how recruiters collect and manage candidate information at events.
We built CheckIn for two reasons. First, the fastest growing demographic on LinkedIn is students and recent graduates, who now comprise more than 30 million of our more than 225 million members. Second, lots of recruiters annually fill hundreds to thousands of internships and entry-level jobs via campus events. Unfortunately, most of the products used to collect student and recent-graduate information at campus events are archaic and cumbersome.
In fact, our research indicates that recruiters collect about 100 resumes per event and spend 10 minutes manually entering each resume into their ATS systems. That means you could waste about two workdays per campus event just moving information from one place to another. Plus, it’s hard to measure the success of events via paper resumes and spreadsheets because they aren’t designed to track metrics – like the number of candidates you met and their interest areas.
Checking In Is a Snap
Candidates enter information via three simple steps:
1) Welcome Screen – Candidates arriving at a recruiter’s booth are greeted by a welcome screen.
2) Checking In – They enter their name, email address and phone number (phone number is optional), all of which CheckIn uses to identify their LinkedIn member profile. If they don’t have one, they continue by using their email address.
3) Areas of Interest – Then they select their areas of interest based on options that recruiters can customize. Candidates’ information is automatically stored within a Recruiter project and CheckIn automatically reverts to the welcome screen.
Check it out for yourself:
Setting Up CheckIn is Equally Easy
You can set up and contact candidates in three simple steps:
1) Set up CheckIn – You customize CheckIn, and showcase your company’s talent brand, by adding text, choosing a theme color and adding a logo to the welcome screen. You can also customize the closing message and areas of interest page according to your hiring needs.
2) Manage Candidates – You customize how candidate information is stored and labeled within Recruiter by choosing an event location and project folder and applying a bulk-tag to the candidates.
3) Contact Candidates – You send an automatic follow-up email to all candidates after an event, or tailor and send one-off emails to top candidates.
We think CheckIn will supercharge your campus recruiting efforts by helping you more easily collect and manage candidate information, follow up with candidates and fill reqs.
“Today’s college students are social, collaborative and networked twenty-four-seven. Their perceptions of potential employers are heavily influenced by the tone, approach and responsiveness of the recruiters,” said Maureen Buehler, Autodesk’s senior manager of Global University Programs. “CheckIn lets us interact with students on their terms. We can easily collect their professional information and instantaneously send them a customized email with links to our websites, career portal and cool videos showcasing our culture and products. CheckIn also helps us calculate our ROI on events – and wouldn’t every University Recruiting Program Manager like to quote that number at budget time?”
But CheckIn isn’t limited to campus recruiting events only. Westpac Group Talent Brand Manager Karla Palecek has used it primarily for internal events and internal mobility.
“Westpac Group regularly hosts internal events to help employees advance their careers. Prior to CheckIn, it was difficult to connect employees to the types of career-advancement opportunities that most interested them,” said Palecek. “Using CheckIn, we’ve further mobilized our internal Talent Pipeline – making it much easier for us to identify where employees are in their careers and which opportunities interest them most.”
CheckIn will be available to all customers in July. If you’re interested in receiving CheckIn updates and being among the first to try it out, please click here.
With CheckIn, you’ll never miss an event lead again.